About Irv Michaels
Educated as an accountant, Irv has always had a passion for music and the arts. After working as a record producer at Chicago’s legendary Chess Records, he joined a local accounting firm in 1972, where as a CPA and partner, he focused on entrepreneurial businesses.
In 1986, he founded Michaels Consulting Ltd., initially providing consulting to businesses with a focus on software and financial systems, and eventually evolving to a broader business advisory practice. In addition, he was the strategic relationship director at a software consulting firm, and a business performance advisor at a national professional employer organization.
Since 2004, he has served in a business advisory capacity for a range of graphic design, architecture and arts organizations, including IN-FO.CO (LA), Inventory Press (LA), Some All None (LA), 12 LineStudio (Chicago), Alligator Records (Chicago), Future Firm (Chicago), MTWTF (NY), M1DTW (Detroit) Project Projects (NY), and Rick Valicenti (Chicago).
In 2020, Irv became a member of the Executive Board of the Design Museum of Chicago.
Education & Certifications
- B.S.B.A., Roosevelt University
- Certified Public Accountant (inactive)
- Certified Business Performance Advisor
- LivePlan Expert Advisor
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor
- TSheets Certified Pro Advisor
- Illinois CPA Society
- Design Museum of Chicago
- 2112, business incubator, focused on music, film/video, and creative industry-focused technologies.
Former Board Member
- Chicago Innovation Un-Gala committee member (2015–2018)
- The Trotter Project (2016–17)
- Long Grove Arts & Music Council (2010–14)
- Irv is a public speaker, primarily to creative organizations. The subject matter includes business planning, setting and managing goals, business development, networking, and technology.
- He has participated as a speaker or panelist to many organizations including 2112, music and film incubator, Chicago Creative Coalition, Lawyers for the Creative Arts, Stage 18 Chicago, film incubator and Arts and Business Council of Chicago