About Irv Michaels
Educated as an accountant, Irv has always had a passion for music and the arts. After working as a record producer at Chicago’s legendary Chess Records, he joined a local accounting firm in 1972, where as a CPA and partner, he focused on entrepreneurial businesses.
In 1986, he founded Michaels Consulting Ltd., initially providing consulting to businesses with a focus on software and financial systems, and eventually evolving to a broader business advisory practice. In addition, he was the strategic relationship director at a software consulting firm, and a business performance advisor at a national professional employer organization.
Since 2004, he has served in a business advisory capacity for a range of graphic design and arts organizations, including IN-FO.CO (Los Angeles), Some All None (Los Angeles), 12 LineStudio (Chicago), Alligator Records (Chicago), MTWTF (New York), Project Projects (New York/Los Angeles), and Rick Valicenti (Chicago).
Irv is a public speaker covering business planning, setting and managing goals, business development, networking, and technology.
– B.S.B.A., Roosevelt University
– Certified Public Accountant (inactive)
– Certified Business Performance Advisor
– Illinois CPA Society
– Business Solutions Network
– AIC Architecture and Design Society
– American Institute of Graphic Artists
– Chicago Creative Coalition
– 2112 business incubator, focused on music, film/video, and creative industry-focused technologies.
– Chicago Innovation Un-Gala committee member (2015–present)
– The Trotter Project (2016–17)
– Long Grove Arts & Music Council (2010–14)